Plan your Visit
Come for the market, stay for all the other things to see and do in Norfolk! Make it a weekend of fun for all the family or come by yourself…there’s something for everyone. Lots of fun for all, indoors and out; food crawl, live music, art exhibits, curling and hiking (on feet, snowshoes or skis), stained glass window tours, kids activities and more.
First watch the Norfolk video by Tom McGowan! Then…
- Berkshire Country Store - 6 Station Place, Norfolk (860-542-7176) - Breakfast, lunch & more. Open daily. Visit website for hours & menu.
- Infinity Bistro - 20 Greenwoods Road West (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-5531) - Dinner, lunch, happy hour & special events. Visit website for hours & menus.
- Wood Creek Bar and Grill - 3 Station Place, Norfolk (860-542-1200) - Drinks, lunch & dinner from 11:30 am, Tuesday - Sunday. Visit website for hours & menu.
- Station Place Café - 10 Station Place, Norfolk (860-542-2555) - Coffee, sandwiches and more, Friday - Tuesday, 11 am - 2 pm.
Feast your eyes
- A Weekend in Norfolk - Yearly event features Norfolk's music, art & nature for 3 exciting days! Visit website for details.
- Norfolk Historical Society museum - 13 Village Green, Norfolk (860-542-5761) - Browse the exhibits and learn more about Norfolk’s history. Open 1 pm - 4 pm on Saturdays & Sundays, June 2 - October 7 or by appointment the rest of the year.
- Norfolk Library - 9 Greenwoods Rd East (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-5075) - Art exhibits, programs for all ages and a book sale in late August. Visit website for hours & more info.
Enjoy some good music
- Infinity Hall - 20 Greenwoods Road West (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-5531) - Dine at the Bistro and then go upstairs for the stars! Visit website for concerts, ticket information, other more.
- Norfolk Chamber Music Festival - 20 Litchfield Road, Norfolk (860-542-3000) - Picnic on the lawn & enjoy a serenade before the music starts. Visit website for box office & concert locations, programs, other details.
Celebrate being outdoors
- Aton Forest - 1300 acre private research forest welcomes visitors by appointment. Public workshops, nature walks and other events throughout the year on topics related to its fields of study. Visit website for more info.
- Campbell Falls State Park - 4 miles north of Norfolk on Rt. 272 - Hike or picnic by the waterfall.
- Dennis Hill State Park - 2 ½ miles south of Norfolk on Rt. 272 - Great place to hike or picnic.
- Great Mountain Forest - 201 Windrow Road, Norfolk (860) 542-5422 - Explore the trails on foot or mountain bike.
- Haystack Mountain - 1 mile north of Norfolk on Rt. 272 - Climb the tower atop the mountain and enjoy the view ; picnic tables are lower down.
- Norfolk Land Trust - Hike our many trails maintained by the land trust.
- Rails to Trails - 19 Maple Avenue, Norfolk (860-542-5829) - Public trails open for cycling and hiking.
- Terra Cello Farm - 735 North Street, Norfolk (860-542-1115) - Take horseback riding lessons.
- Wood Creek Pond or Winchester Lake - Launch your kayak or canoe. Both permit fishing (you still must have a license).
- Joseph Stannard - Station Place, Norfolk (860-542-5212) - French country antiques & custom furnishings.
- Shoestring Antiques - 115 Greenwoods Road East (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-1671) - Unique gifts for every taste.
- Sigma Design Studio - 18 Greenwoods Road West (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-5722) - Specializes in antique silver & fine jewelry.
- The Artisan’s Guild - Station Place, Norfolk (860-542-5055) - One-of-a-kind handmade clothing, toys, bowls, cards & more.
- Home Love - 24 Greenwoods Road West (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-1074) - Unique decor and handcrafted gifts
- Mountain Spirit - 20 John J. Curtis Road, Norfolk (860-542-5662) - Perfect place to pick up wine or cold beer for a picnic.
Fill up your tank or have that rattle checked
- George’s Norfolk Garage - 319 Greenwoods Road East (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-5577).
Replenish your pockets
- National Iron Bank - 12 John Curtiss Road, Norfolk (860-542-5541) - Tellers open till noon Saturday, ATM open 24/7. Visit website for complete hours & services.
Need to rest now but not ready to go home? Stay overnight at one of Norfolk’s fine B&Bs!
- Blackberry River Inn - 538 Greenwoods Road West (Rt. 44), Norfolk (860-542-5100)
- Manor House - 69 Maple Avenue, Norfolk (860-542-5690)
- Mountain View Green Retreat - 67 Litchfield Road (Rt. 272), Norfolk (860-542-7941)
Fallen in love with Norfolk? Want to put down roots? These real estate agents can all help you find the perfect place.
- Best & Cavallaro - (860-435-2888)
- Betsy Little Real Estate - (860-542-5020)
- Elyse Harney Real Estate - (860-542-5500)
- Klemm Real Estate - (860-868-7313)
- Locust Lane Realty - (860-542-6001)
- Raynard & Peirce Realty - (860-453-4148
Nourish your attachment!
Norfolk’s Natural Resource Inventory supplies real information to support your emotional attachment; a 12-Mb electronic version replete with photos is available for free download. And to find out what’s been going on, you also might check out the website for Norfolk Now, our monthly newspaper, or look for paper back issues in the post office and other places around town (sometimes you can find a current one that needs a home). Also, the Norfolk Hub is a great first stop for visitors and resident drop-ins in search of advice, local destinations/attractions and maps. They also feature presentations, seminars, and workshops! You can find them at 2 Station Place, Norfolk, (860-541-0463) or visit their website for hours and more information.